Saturday, June 19, 2010

San Antonio Half Marathon





Today I set out on my goal to run my first half marathon. And I DID IT! I was so nervous this morning waking up in the hotel room. I had to leave by myself because Lydia was still sleeping in the other room. Of course, Lillian was up with me at 5:45am! And no, she didn't go back to sleep!

I headed to the marathon, got signed in and put my number on my shirt. The nerves were running high! I always run for exercise, but never for a race. I was not going for a fast race, but just wantd to finish and not walk. And I didn't walk and finished! It wasn't the best time, but oh well. I felt so good just doing it!
Rich had shirts made for the race and surprised me at the finish line. The shirts the girls had on said, "Julie's Fans GO MOM!" It was wonderful to have them supporting me and made the whole race worth it! I was quite tired when I finished and my feet were killing me, but it was over. Now, on to the next one! Let's hope it isn't quite so hot the next time! :)

Julie

1 comment: