Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Schlitterbaun Kansas City, Kansas




What a fabulous day in Kansas! I was so worried about our trip to Schlitterbaun this morning due to the forecast calling for a 30 percent chance of rain. But, we decided to head that way anyway and ride it out!


We have been to the Schlitterbaun water parks in Texas (both of them) and were excited to try this one out too. It was just opened last summer and they are still adding attractions to the park. It was a nice park and there was plenty to do all day long. We managed to ride all the rides and even Lydia could ride every single ride except for one. I was shocked! We rode all the tube rides together, swam down the lazy river three times and played in the kiddie area. They did a great job with the children's area and it offered lots for Lydia. Lydia loved the froggie slide and went down that slide at least 25 times in a row before I told her I had to go to the bathroom! :)

Lillian loved all the water slides and rode them by herself! It was the first time she ever grabbed a tube on her own and went down all her herself. I was proud of her! And Lydia was just happy riding with me in the two man tube and kept saying, "Whee!"

The lazy river was anything but lazy! I think I almost drowned because I had Lydia in the tube and Lillian decided to get out of the tube to swim. It was really the Torrent River and had waves and rapids. So, I ended up helping Lillian jump the waves which made the waves slam into me and get water up my nose. I think I was soaked more from the lazy river than the water slides!

Our awesome friends came with us too and we loved having them! Karyn, Dave, Emily and Zach had a blast too and Lillian and Emily stuck together. It was nice having someone for Lillian to tag along with and they get along so well.

And amazing the rain held off until 4:00pm! So, we played 6 hours and then looked at the sky. Totally black and we knew it was coming! So, we packed up and hit the road. It literally poured all the way home and we could hardly see out the windows. We were going 20 miles an hour at some points and were excited to make it back to post. Now, dinner is cooking and we are all going to crash hard...especially Little Lydia who managed to play hard and keep up with the big kids all day long! She is amazing just like her older sis!

Love you all!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment