Saturday, January 8, 2011

Girl Scouts Invade Great Wolf Lodge










That's right! The Girl Scouts took over Great Wolf Lodge yesterday evening. There were about a 1000 screaming girls ranging from Daisy (5-6) year old girls to Seniors. We all arrived in the chaos, but honestly, it really didn't take that long to check in and get off to your room.

Lillian and I stayed with Stephany and her two little girls plus another girl from our troop. We all hit the swim park right after arrival. Lillian has always enjoyed Great Wolf Lodge and this was her fourth visit to one. We have now gone to this one in Kansas City twice and the one in Grapevine, TX twice. The lazy river was freezing, but Lillian told me it would WARM up once I got in the water. But, do you think it did? NO! But, off I went in the water to make my daughter happy! :)

We went on the water slides and swam in the pool too. The pool water wasn't too bad, but it was crowded with lots of little girls. The water slides were awesome, but once we were dumped by the water bucket, then I was frozen to the bone!

I couldn't hear anything in the water park and I think I just kept saying, huh? over and over again. Lillian couldn't hear anything either because this was her first time wearing ear plus and wrap since her surgery two weeks ago. And I was a bad mom and completely left the ear plugs in the suitcase before Lillian reminded me she needed them. It only took 30 minutes of her being in the water for us to remember! YIKES! Sorry Ear Doctor! :)

We went to story time at 8:00pm. Lillian has always enjoyed the Clock Tower story time and we manage to see it every time. She has the songs memorized by now!:) Then, the dance party began! Wow! Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus and more! All the girls were screaming, jumping up and down, dancing and enjoying every minute! Lillian was lost in the crowd at one point and I just kept video taping and knew she would pop her head up in a minute. She was dancing with Violet the Wolf!

We had several girls enter the Hula Hoop contest and I must say I am impressed with the skills these girls have. They had to jump up, jump back and hop on one foot while hula hooping away. Go girls! We made it back to our room for the Pizza Party by 10:00am and had some pizza, chips and drinks. Our troop also needed to work on the Cookie Booth signs for next weekend, so we managed to make three and stay awake.

By this point, the girls were wiped out and we hit the bed by 11:00pm. I am not sure when they were asleep, but it was a short night of sleep. Lillian and I did the quest game this morning, made a t-shirt, played in the arcade and made two stuffed poodles for her and Lydia. Then, we managed to meet Rich and Lydia for lunch. Really? All this before lunch time? Should be a crime!

Now, Lillian is out! She managed to make it to her room and it took 30 seconds for her to fall asleep. My poor baby just can't hang with these late nights!!! What a great time Girl Scouts and see you all next year!!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment