Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mother Daughter Tea Party



Today we attended the Mother Daughter Tea Party with Girl Scouts. It was such a cute event and I loved the idea. All of girl scouts was invited to attend and there was a pretty good turn out for the event. You were supposed to dress fancy! Lillian and I were really looking forward to getting all dressed up for this day and being fancy together. The only draw back was wearing a formal dress in the middle of winter. I know it is supposed to be spring, but 33 degrees with a chance of snow doesn't feel like spring to me. Rich keeps telling me it isn't that bad, but he wasn't the one in the dress! HA!

Lillian and I had a great time enjoying our tea, finger sandwiches and cookies. I think she skipped the sandwiches and went straight for the cookies! She enjoyed those little delights! We were able to spend some time together and that is always nice. She even made me a card. Lydia really wanted to come too and kept saying, "Mommy, me come?" That breaks my heart! One day she will be a girl scout too!

All the moms today...you looked fabulous!! All the girls today...you looked marvelous!!

Love you Lillian and thanks for the afternoon!

Julie

2 comments:

  1. You both look absolutely gorgeous!!! Glad you guys had a good time together, sounds like such a cute event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - you both look gorgeous. Lucky Rich - a house full of beautiful girls!

    ReplyDelete