Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Lydia's First Dance Camp



Can you believe Lydia took her very first Princess Dance Camp today? I can't believe she is so grown up and already doing things on her own. Lillian took mommy and me classes until age 4 and now this little miss just runs into class without giving me a hug or kiss at age 2 1/2 years old. How the second child grows up so much faster than the first one and leave mommy behind!

Lillian and I waited in the lobby while Lydia did acrobats, ballet and crafts. She was so excited this morning and told me at 7:30am she was ready to go. I had to explain the world isn't up and going as early as the Martin household. :) She loved camp and is so ready to go back tomorrow. I am so proud of her!

Lydia has really come into her own these past few months. I can't keep her from talking, telling me "I got it!" or "I do it myself." She has grown a couple of inches, gained a few pounds and looks like a little girl and not my little baby. I will always cherish her chubby thighs, crazy hair and smirk on her face.

How God Made Little Girls

To Lydia:

A speck of frills
With a pinch of pink
A touch of lace
And a dainty wink

He mixed these in
With a love for dance
And heaps of laughter
Some beauty perchance

He added oodles more
Of joy and grace
Then he put some dimples
In just the right place

As a final touch
He included a curl
And with that he smiled
For he had created a girl

Mommy loves you Lydia!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment