Saturday, December 5, 2009

DORA





Today we met up with Jessica, Eric, Jack and Lily at the Temple Mall. We all decided to be brave and wait in line to try to meet DORA the Explorer. Well, let's keep in mind this was my brilliant idea! So, we arrive a few minutes early, but it wasn't early enough! The line was crazy and I honestly thought we would never see DORA. In 30 minutes, we moved two little spaces and I couldn't figure out what would make the line go faster!

So, I decided to feed the kiddos lunch in line. So, we ran off to Chick Fil A while Eric held our space in line. We grabbed our food and then went back to the line. Lydia kicked the fruit cup out of my hand while sitting in her stroller because she wanted a french fry and not fruit. Didn't see that coming! Lillian didn't want to eat in line and decided to eat off the floor at the mall. That didn't work so well because we kept having to inch up every so often and kept having too move her food. Didn't see that coming! And then, I threw a tantrum! Didn't see that coming!


learned a big lesson from my kiddos today though! Try to keep remembering why we came...to have fun. After we made it through a few bumps and tantrums, then everyone calmed down and made it through the two hour and ten minute line! Yes, we took the younger kiddos to the play place and to the candy store, but we all made it through and are still alive. Lillian and Lily waited the whole time in line and were FANTASTIC! It is in these moments that I need to realize I need to let it go and keep moving on and see life from a child bright eyes.


We made it through and got our one minute appointment with DORA and a couple of snapshots. Then, ran out the door for Lydia to get home to nap time. On the way home, I asked Lillian, "Did you think it was worth the wait?" Lillian said in her 5 year old wisdom, "Yes, it was great. Thank you for taking me to see DORA mommy. Can we come again tomorrow?" And what do you think I said?????


Love you all!
Julie

2 comments:

  1. OMG you let your kids eat on the mall floor? LOL. William was crawling on the floor in Dillards acting like a dog and licking the floor. Yes I had some horrified looks. I'm thinking they never had a two year old boy..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you see what happens to me when I have two kiddos now? Before I was so put together and now I tell Lillian to eat off the floor! hee hee

    ReplyDelete