Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gobble Gobble!!



Gobble Gobble Turkey Time! Finally, it was time to celebrate Thanksgiving Day! I have thought about turkey for a long time now with all of Lillian's Kindergarten artwork coming home this past week. Nothing but turkeys and more turkeys! And it was worth the wait!

Tom the Turkey was frustrating Rich this year! It took him 6 hours to cook and to finally hit the table! Rich said he was a little rusty this year since he hasn't cooked a turkey in three years due to deployments. So, we were all just thankful to be home together and surrounded by our wonderful friends.

The Chessers and their family come over for dinner and we had 13 total people here to help us make the holiday special. We all made way too much food and will be eating leftovers probably until Christmas! We really did make enough to feed the ARMY! :) But, it was all so yummy and I can actually say I was pretty good and didn't stuff myself!

Now, speaking of eating too much, let's talk about Lydia! She ate her plate and almost my whole plate and I am not kidding! Then, dessert time came and I was going to throw up watching my girls eat WAY TOO MUCH! What was I thinking as a parent? All I kept hearing was COOKIE from Lydia and Lillian telling me she needed two more cookies because she only had two! UGH!! I feel like I need to run 5 extra miles for them in the morning to burn off their over indulgence!

The meal is over, the kitchen is clean, the dishwasher is running and the children are asleep. I think it is time for some Christmas decorations to make an appearance!

So, what am I thankful for this year? Heated seats in my car since it is only 26 degrees right now, having Rich home this year and not in Iraq, my children enjoying the Thanksgiving dinner, my children and I enjoying all of our new friends, seeing smiles on everyone's faces, for grandparents who are not really Lillian and Lydia's grandparents giving them extra attention tonight, for friends who help clean the kitchen, and for my family no matter where they are tonight. That includes my girls in Texas! I miss you guys so much!

I thought a lot of my past Thanksgiving dinners in Texas and I always think of Nina and her family. They always welcomed me with Rich home and when he was away. We always laughed, played and made it through together. I can't believe I have known you 10 years now...I just missed you guys tonight. I know you were all sitting around the table laughing and guess what... I was talking and telling stories about you too! It made me smile!

Happy Thanksgiving and thank you Chessers for making it special! And thank you to all the soldiers not home tonight and far away...there are a few of you dear to my heart right now and I know how much your families missed you today. One holiday down girls and keep counting down!

Good night and love you all! Have a wonderful holiday with your family and friends!

Julie

1 comment:

  1. Love you guys and missed you so much, you guys look so good and happy! That makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete