Friday, April 8, 2011

Here Comes Peter Cotton Tail...



Hopping down the bunny trail!!! Easter's on its way! HEY!

Today we were brave and took the girls to get their half year birthday pictures and Easter pictures taken at Portrait Innovations. Most of you know, how much work and effort goes into one little pose especially for two little drama queens. A two year old pulling her headband out of her hair, mucus flying, tears flowing, stomping feet and saying no, etc. And I do know from previous experience too!

It was like I went back in time to when Lillian was 2 1/2 years old! The same experience as today only we were at Fort Riley, KS in a Sears Portrait Studio. Needless to say, I never went back to that studio. Too embarrassed to show my face!

We made it through and got a couple of cute shots for Easter. I was happy with the outcome, but the process is and will be still be difficult for a few years. Lillian is at a good age now and will pose, smile and ham it up and she LOVES the attention and camera. I just need to get little miss on board and then we are good to go!

Lydia finally walked off the set this afternoon and said she was done! What? Can you say DIVA!!!

We managed to pull it together and head to Oak Park Mall to meet the Easter Bunny. Lydia was all set to go with Lillian and then she decided to go by herself on the escalator. Well, it turns out, she wanted mommy to really go with her (if only I could have read her mind!). I couldn't go because I was still holding the stroller and I had to grab her little hand and pull her back up before we both fell down on our heads! Isn't there a nursery rhyme about being put back together again?

So, tears were flowing by the time we saw Mrs. Easter Bunny! But, Lydia did sit on her lap and even waved and blew her a kiss good bye. She has no fear when she is with Lillian. Good or bad, I don't know! But, she loves her and adores every part of her world with Lillian.

So, my day ends with a smile on my face. Why? Because they are asleep!!! HA!! Good night!

Love you all!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment