Tuesday, November 10, 2009

DADDY IS FINALLY HERE!!!!





Rich arrived home right at Noon today. He started traveling home a couple of days ago and finally arrived home today. I didn't tell Lillian until we got in the car and she was so happy!! She kept telling me all the things they were going to do together when he got home.
She was thrilled and one happy 5 year old girl!

So, Rich's plane was delayed due to Air Force One arriving at Fort Hood. Today was the memorial service for the tragedy at Hood. The President landed about a half hour before Rich. At first, I thought that was Rich's plane and everyone just looked at me. Yeah, my booh is that important! Then, I realized who it was and took the time to read the side of the plane!

After a thirty minute delay, then Rich's plane landed. I saw him right away and pointed him out to Lillian. She ran screaming daddy and went right into his arms. She started talking the whole time and wouldn't let Rich get a word out of his mouth. Just like old times!

And Lydia did great too! Yes, she is eating a chip in the picture. But, it wouldn't be Lydia if she wasn't eating and the first thing Rich said, "Does she always eat?" Of course, Lillian and I said, "YES!!!" She loved seeing daddy and I think she knew what was going on in her little world.

So, the Martins are a family of four again for 14 days. It is GREAT and it has been worth all the wait. It will have to leave on Thanksgiving day at 7:00am. I wish he could stay for longer! But, we won't focus on that for now! Lillian told Rich she has been waiting on him for a long time and asked him to tuck her in tonight. Then, she said, "Daddy, why can't you at least call to say good night every night?" So sweet! Rich looks FABULOUS and is enjoying every minute of being home. Lillian has the whole time planned for him and I hope he gets to rest some of it!

Well, enjoy the pictures. As for me, I am off to enjoy my family of four! Love you all!

Julie

4 comments:

  1. Wow!!!!! What an incredible day! I am so happy for all four of you - you all look so beautiful & happy! Heartfelt thanks to all of you for the sacrifices you make to keep us all safe! Welcome home Rich, love to you Julie, have fun Lillian, show off your many new skills Lydia! Nikki & the girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you! We are at the end of our 14 days, (Bill leaves on Thursday.) but I hope you have as fabulous time as we have. It's so nice to have the Daddys home even if it's for a short visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have the best 14 days of your lives! Enjoy it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to you all! And good bye Bill! I know your family will miss you as we are already thinking of good bye. We are having the time of our lives and Rich is enjoying Lillian and Lydia's new skills! Thinking of you all and thanks for loving us so much!!!

    ReplyDelete