Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!





Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Today started off a little hard for the Martin girls. Daddy had to say good bye to his little girls last night at bedtime. He left this morning at 5:30am. So, this morning was a little hard for us and trying to be strong for one another. I know we are counting down until this deployment is over, but 5 months sure seems like a long time now! This is the hardest part about R&R- saying good bye AGAIN after so many wonderful days!


Today wasn't the same without Rich home, but I still wanted to make it special for the girls. They deserve that and more from me right now. I know my heart aches after Rich leaving and I am an adult- I can't imagine what their little hearts feel right now. So, we put our best foot forward today! :)

The girls were great today and really played so well together this morning. We just stayed home and played outside for the most part of this morning. It was a gorgeous day and we were blessed to be able to play outdoors and enjoy the sunshine. It made us all feel better!

After nap time, we went over to Jessica's house. We had thanksgiving dinner with her family this year. Jessica's husband just got home last night from Afghanistan from his year deployment. So, it was a special Thanksgiving for them! He looked wonderful and it was so great to see Jessica and her whole family so happy! I am thrilled this time is over for them and I wish them many good times ahead! I know there will be lots of laughter, smiles and hugs for months to come!

And thanks to Lisa, Eric's mother, who cooked the whole day for the family! She is an awesome cook and I enjoyed every bite! Especially the apple pie I am eating now! Lisa really out did herself and I am so thankful that we had a special place to go this evening. Thank you Jessica, Eric, Lily, Jack and Lisa for opening up your home to us on such a special day for you. We are so lucky to have you in our lives and thank you for making us smile today!

And it made me smile this afternoon watching the children play in the backyard and running around. It made my heart feel better watching Lillian play with her friends today and smile. I am so thankful for my friends who always look out for me and my family! What would I do without you guys?

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Love you all!

Love,

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment