Friday, December 10, 2010

A Christmas Carol!







Lillian had her debut performance in A Christmas Carol tonight and what a FANTASTIC show the chapel put on for us tonight! It was a dinner theater. The buffet opened at 6:00pm and the show opened at 7:00pm. It was a perfect evening! It was truly magnificent, funny and so adorable! All the children worked hard for months and it was a show to be proud of tonight!

Lillian stole my heart and was so energetic on the stage. She overemphasized all her hand movements and words and really stood out on the stage. Okay, so maybe I am biased, but she was perfect! She didn't miss a line! She did come in early on one line and she just ran off stage laughing and then ran in again when it was her line. She didn't get upset at all and just kept smiling! She really does shine bright!

The stage is the perfect place for her and I am thrilled she had such a great time tonight. Lydia, in the beginning of the play, was shouting "Sissy hi!" She melted my heart too! Then, of course, she decided to take a stinky and I got to smell that the rest of the play. I couldn't leave...I was afraid I would miss the best part! Or course, Lydia got restless towards the end of the show, but the songs would keep her going. She finally said at the end of the play, "Night night." My poor baby following her superstar sister around the world. Okay, just Fort Leavenworth! :)

All the singers were talented and the tap dancers were great too! The show really showed a lot of different talents from each kiddo....Lillian tapped too. Man, we go to sleep tonight smiling. Okay, I am really making desserts for the 2:00pm show tomorrow, getting ready for breakfast with Santa, praying it doesn't snow and hoping Rich has his 15 page paper in by 6:00pm tomorrow night! We have a lot to be thankful for!!

Enjoy the show!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment