Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Kings Arrive in Kansas!





After 10 1/2 LONG hours in the car driving from Austin, TX to Fort Leavenworth, KS, the Kings finally arrived! We were so excited to see them and it has been six months since we have all been together. We have been counting down the days until they would be here and the day finally came on Tuesday!

Nina, Ronnie, Veronica and Alyssa arrived late Tuesday night around 9:00pm. I didn't even tell the girls they would be here that night since it was past their bedtime and needed to get to bed. Plus, it was going to be a great surprise for Lillian in the morning and Lydia too!

Lillian was shocked when Veronica and Alyssa came walking up their stairs to say hello. She couldn't believe they were actually in KS! I couldn't either...I remember saying to Nina, "I can't believe you are really standing in front of me in my house!" It is FANTASTIC to have them here and I only wish they could stay longer. It has been awesome seeing Veronica and Alyssa again. They ran to me screaming my name and it almost made me cry. I miss watching them grow up and coming to family events. I can't believe what a difference 6 months can make, but they have changed a lot in that short time.

Veronica is beautiful, smart and charming. She is an amazing gymnast and always polite, reserved and kind. Alyssa is now a little girl and all signs of being a toddler are almost gone. She is still funny, stubborn and cute! Lydia adores Alyssa and takes her everywhere with her. Lydia is going to miss these girls just as much as Lillian when they have to leave this weekend! I never realized how much she would interact with them, but they disappear into the basement and just play, play and play some more. I have to check on them just to make sure everyone is alive!

We have enjoyed some outings too! We went bowling on Wednesday and ice skating this morning. It was Veronica and Alyssa's first time on ice skates. Veronica did great and hung in there for a long time. Of course, Lillian enjoyed her time too and this was her second time. The big girls stayed out and Alyssa and Lydia hung out with me. Alyssa tried, but the skates were too hard for her. So, we played outside and then went inside to play in the Crayola Playland. Everyone enjoyed their morning and even Nina skated too! Yep, chicken Nina hit the ice! ha ha Let's just say she didn't want to go back after we ate lunch at Fritz's this afternoon! :) But, Nina tried and that is all that matters!

Alyssa loved Fritz's. She loved the trains going around on the tracks and the food being delivered to you by train. Everyone enjoyed lunch and it was time for more play and the Chocolate Factory. Need I say more?

After coming home, then I took Nina out for an early birthday present. I won't get to see her on her birthday, so I wanted to do something special for her when she was here. We had a great afternoon shopping, sipping martinis and having dinner. Then, showtime began at the Martin Household. I made up a skit to the year Nina was born and included all the children. It was hysterical! Nina loved it...Veronica swam across the river, Alyssa was the Flower Child, Lydia said FAR OUT and Lillian was Marsha Marsha Marsha! They even did The Hustle at the end of the skit! ADORABLE!

So, now we are all off to dreamland. We had movie night tonight and I think the adults are more tired than the children. They slept over last night and all slept in one bed. You can imagine they went to bed late, played sleepover games and talked for over an hour in bed. So, tonight, they slept in their own beds and still managed to go to bed late and have movie night!

Tomorrow is T-Rex Cafe New Year Eve's Bash! So excited! Happy New Year! My year will end on a bang with having my awesome friend here! I have missed Nina so much and it is so great to laugh, talk and hang out again just like old times. I really miss her and so wish they didn't have to leave. Can't wait to see them again and this time we will come to Texas!!!

By the way, yes Nina is dying of cold here and is ready to be back in the sunny days of Texas!! ha ha

Love you all! May 2011 bring peace, love and happiness to you!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment