Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day




Hello everyone! Well, we didn't do too much for Father's Day this year, but we managed to send Rich some really cool presents. He received all of his boxes on time and I was pleased. He enjoyed it all and I think he liked the pictures of me and the girls the best. We had pictures taken of us a couple of weeks ago and framed them for Rich. It was one of his little presents among cookies (not baked by me..not much of a present then), a calendar with pictures and dates for him, handmade cards from the girls and other little goodies.




We even got a call from Rich today. Lillian was thrilled to hear his voice and so was I. We had a nice conversation and then he was off to bed. He was really tired from working all day. But, he did attend a Father's Day breakfast provided by the Army. I thought that was a really nice touch and at least the day was acknowledged. Plus, he was able to attend church. So, I think he had a nice day in Iraq. Is that possible?




It wasn't the same without Rich, but we still managed to have a great day. I am lucky to still be able to share it with the girls. They are both doing well and in bed sleeping now like angels. The house is peaceful and I am all alone in my thoughts.




Lillian and I washed the car today. I know it doesn't sound like fun to most, but this is honestly the first time she has helped me and enjoyed it. We had our bathing suits on and turned the hose on one another. I soaked her and she loved it! She laughed and laughed and was running everywhere in her little bikini! Lydia was alseep during this little playtime.




After washing the car and doing some other little things, Lydia woke up from her nap. We all went to the pool to play in the water. It felt so good today to be there as it was almost 100 degrees! The water was so refreshing and the girls had a great time. Lillian just swims everywhere now and is so confident in the water. Lydia just kept walking back and forth across the top steps in the water with me holding on. It is different this year having them both in the water. My heart pounds a mile a minute and I am a nervous wreck. But, I did say we had FUN! :) Right?




It was a nice day and one spent thinking of daddy! We love daddy so much and we only hope he knows how much he means to us. Next year, we are having a BIG day for daddy! Maybe I should start planning it now...you all know me! :) Love you all!




Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment