Saturday, June 27, 2009

Jungle Jave Birthday Party
















Well, today we another eventful day in the life of Lillian and Lydia. Lydia went to Jungle Java for the first time today. It was Ayden's birthday party. Lillian has been once before. We got on the road at 8:15am and I was proud we actually made it out the door on time with everyone dressed, fed and car loaded. We arrived on time too at 9:00am! WHEW!!

Lydia wore a hair bow for the first time today. I know that doesn't sound that exciting to most, but it was too me. She actually had enough hair, barely, but we managed to get it in. It didn't last long after the party started, but enough people saw it to count. Lydia walked me all around Jungle Java and now I know the place pretty well. She even went down a couple of slides and managed to take me through the whole jungle gym. For those of you not familiar with Jungle Java, it is a really nice version of a big play scape. I was on my knees the whole time bent over trying to get through all the nooks. The joys of being 4'11 1/2!!!

Lillian was off to the races too! I am not sure if I saw her at all for the party. She was playing with all her friends and would come to me for water for break time. She ate her pancakes and then went back out again! Lydia ate her share and more than the other children. She ate the rest of her sister's pancakes and a muffin. Remember, we had breakfast before we left the house too! :) Lillian even managed to eat a piece of cake, but not Lydia. I am making her wait until her first birthday no matter how much she cries! :)

The party was a hit and then we went back to Nina's house to let Lydia take a nap. She missed her morning nap and her eyes were glossed over by the time we made it to Nina's house. She then ate lunch for 45 minutes! Yes, ate again!!! Then, finally made it to her nap!! The other girls went swimming and then showtime began. They put on a show for Nina and I and it was from High School Musical. What is with this show and the girls? Lillian loves it and wakes up singing "Something New" in the morning. Needless to say, the show was a hit! They might win an Academy Award someday if they keep practicing!

So, a day of playtime and being with friends! It was so great to be with our great friends today and I only wish we saw them more. They are the reason I enjoy being in Texas so much and bring so much laughter to my life. I read this today and it is so true: "Friends are the most important ingredient in this recipe of life."

Good night friends!

Julie

2 comments:

  1. These are awesome pics! I wish I could have been there! It sounds like the girls had a blast! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you enjoyed the pictures!!!! They were for you and we did have fun in the jungle. I spent my morning climbing through it! hee hee

    Love you honey!!!

    ReplyDelete