Saturday, July 4, 2009

July 4th!!!

Happy July 4th!!!! We made it home today from the parade and I was thankful for that...I was a little nervous because I have a little one that wants to walk all over the place and the older one that wants to walk all over the place in a different direction! But, we made it and what fun! The girls got all dressed up in the American Flag dresses and we were ready to go to the parade and wave our American flags.

It was a nice parade and just enough time to not get bored or overheated. It was almost a 100 degrees, but we were so lucky to be outside a friend's house which had a nice big shade tree and the wind was blowing too. Some friends came along with us too which was great! It is so great to spend the morning with friends and I love watching the little faces on the children as the parade goes by. It is so neat to see what excites them.

Lillian was really excited this year for the parade and even woke up at 6:15am! She couldn't wait to see the firetrucks, cheerleaders, princesses (the little girls riding on the back of cars with crowns) and Ronald McDonald. Yes, Ronald McDonald. I said I would never have one of those children who eat there all the time and yes I do. She waved so hard at him- I thought she would break her wrist again! :)

Lydia, well, she just walked me all over the place. AGAIN!! She did sit down to eat. She never misses a meal! We had a picnic lunch there too while the parade was still going by. But, other than that, I walked her around and met so many new people who couldn't get over her blue eyes, adorable chunky legs and the girls matching dresses. I think she will be just as social as her big sister who doesn't know a stranger! Now, I have two to really keep my eyes on!

So, for now, Lydia is napping and Lillian and I are getting ready for the cookout at our friend's house. It will be great to end the day how it started..with friends. Happy July 4th! And thank you honey for calling me today. It was so great to share the day with you and to see how you were doing. We only wish you were here with us and I must say it was a little emotional today. I missed you! And the girls did too! You made the day complete!

By the way, Rich is doing great. He said he is in the midst of day 6 of a sandstorm and no one has flown in days. He sounded great and said he didn't see any "fireworks" today which is fabulous! :) We just talked mostly about the kiddos and he didn't have too many updates. He is just hanging in there and trying to keep his lungs clean from all the dirt and sand blowing in the air. He is thankful for all the packages coming his way and can't wait to get them. Thank you everyone!

Take care and we love everyone!!

Love,

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment