Thursday, July 23, 2009

St Francis School Summer Swim Party!
















What a great idea my friend, Nikki, had today! She wanted to get her girls classmates together for a swim party and I tagged along and invited Lillian's friends from preschool too. Our children went to St Francis together this past year. We just had a swim party at our neighborhood pool and had a potluck for lunch. It was a great turnout and Lillian enjoyed seeing all her old classmates. They all went swimming for three hours!

As for me, I walked Lydia around the pool for three hours. Okay, we got our feet wet at times, but then right back out of the pool walking around and around. What am I going to do with this girl? Lydia did have her first watermelon and cantaloupe at the pool and she loved it. Everyone kept commenting on how much Lydia loves her food and how chunky she is! My girl!

We have been in a drought for so long now and wouldn't you know today the raindrops started to fall. It is always my luck to do something outside and it will rain! But, lucky for us, it was just a few drops and that was it for the day. Okay, maybe not lucky for us because we desperately need the rain...but, it can rain now that the party is over! :)

It seems everyone is having a great summer and is looking forward to school starting again in September. We have two classmates who will move away this summer and won't be with us this coming year and Lillian will miss them. I told her it would be her moving next year and moving on to another school. She takes it all in stride and I am proud of her! But, she will miss her St Francis friends!

Julie















2 comments: