Friday, July 3, 2009

Early July 4th!











Happy July 4th everyone! It is the eve of July 4th and the girls are in bed now. I was just thinking of tomorrow and how much fun the day will be. I know the girls don't realize the true meaning of July 4th just yet, but I am trying to teach them day by day. It is especially important considering our circumstances this year. I want them to know how much their daddy sacrifices and will sacrifice for them and their children. I want them to have respect and pride for their country. I know all that will come in time and with age.


So, for now, we keep things simple. We talk about freedom, we talk about daddy and his job, we talk about parades, we talk about cookouts and talk about spending time as a family. That leads to Lillian and I making chicken salad, brownies and a dip for the cookouts tomorrow while Lydia takes her morning nap. It is a time we are looking forward too- being with our friends and watching the parade. I know Lydia won't remember as much as Lillian, but I hope she remembers that we were there with her on her first July 4th. She will see her scrapbook later in life!


So, Rich, I love you and HAPPY JULY 4TH. Thank you for all that you do for us- your family. We miss you dearly and celebrate tomorrow in your honor!! We are so proud of you! Good night!

Love Always and More,

Julie





THE AMERICAN FLAG


The American flag stands for freedom
The red, white, and blue

It tells of sacrifice for freedom
I beleive in Peace and Unity
Red stands for Power
Our Nation so Strong
White Stands for purity and peace
Blue stands for Happiness

I Am Proud to be An American
I stand Proud and True
I show Respect to the flag
By placing my hand over my heart
a moment of silence

And a quick prayer
for those, who have fallen
for freedom
We are United
We are One Nation
I am Proud to wave our
Flag so freely




2 comments:

  1. Thank you sweetheart! That is beautiful! I wish I had some of those brownies!! You and the girls look great! I hope you guys have fun on the 4th! It's already the 4th here...and so far no fireworks, which is great as far as I'm concerned! I love you!!! I miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you too and I am glad you enjoyed the post. I am glad there are no fireworks for you honey and please be safe. We need you back home safe and sound. I love you and I miss you bunches!!!

    ReplyDelete