Sunday, February 21, 2010

Alyssa Turns the Big 4!!!



Today we went to Hoppin Hippo to help Alyssa celebrate her 4th birthday. What an adorable place to have a party. There was a tree house, tire swing, dress up, playscape, inflatables and a toddler area too. All the girls enjoyed their time and played so well. Even Lydia had so much to do and stayed busy the whole time. Of course, that meant that mommy was jumping on inflatables and crawling through playscapes, but it was all in the name of love!

All the children just played and ran around laughing! Alyssa looked so adorable in her safari style outfit and her sister was the perfect compliment. They are always so stylish! After running around for an hour or so, then it was time for cake! My oh my did Lydia make a mess! I had to take her dress off just to let her enjoy the cupcake. You should have seen the mess! Then, I picked up the cupcake only to take the wrapper off and she screamed at me and turned her back to me like I had stole the cupcake. She cracks me up! So, after I cleaned her face, she takes off to play again still missing her dress. The life of a second child! :) Or course, big sister just ate the frosting!

We went back to Nina's house to have dinner and pinata time. Lydia was really hanging in there today for her sister. She missed her nap and was still going strong. The children did an art craft and then played outside in the 77 degree weather. It was gorgeous! Lillian and Lydia jumped on the trampoline, went on the swings and went down the slide. They really had fun! And they also enjoyed batting at the pinata...Lillian really has an arm! She was going at that pinata with a vengeance!

And Lydia just ate for six hours straight! You name it she had it! Grapes, chips, strawberries, cupcake, ice cream, mms, pizza ,etc. She didn't stop eating all day long! Even when she finished her plate, then she would move on to the next victim and try to take their food. She is awful! Someone asked me what words she was saying now and I said just mama, yeah and uh oh. Now, I realize why she doesn't say that many words...because she always has food in her mouth!

So, now the girls are in bed sleeping and I hope they sleep well tonight! They should from the day of play and fun! Thanks again for having us Nina! Happy Birthday Alyssa and you really know how to throw a party! We love you!

Love,

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment