Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mommy/ Daughter Luncheon




Today I had the honor of taking Lillian to the Daddy/Daughter Luncheon at her school. Rich had the pleasure of taking Lillian last year, but due to him being in Iraq, mommy got to go this year. I was so happy to be there with her and to make it a special day for her.


She woke up on fire this morning and was so ready to get all decked out in her Valentine clothes. She was dressed head to toe in pink, red and white hearts! She even wanted to wear a little make up to school this morning. She is so like her mommy! :) Even Lydia got all dressed up in her Valentine clothes!

I dropped Lillian off at school and she was beaming! I told her I would see her for lunch and she just smiled. Lydia and I went to Kindermusik to show off all of her Valentine clothes! :) Those two little ones are adorable together. Before we left Lillian at school, Lydia jumped down off my hip and ran into Lillian's classroom to give her one last hug. They melt my heart!

I made it back for the luncheon and picked Lillian up at her room. She came running to the door and said, "Let's go mommy!" I gave her some flowers and she was thrilled and said, "How did you know mommy? It is exactly what I wanted!" She was ready to see the room all decorated and eat her Chick Fil A meal. They sat us at our table and the place was so adorable! It was filled with pink, white and red hearts outlined with zebra print. The centerpieces were lovely too! Each child had made a place mat for themselves and for their guest. They also got to decorate two cookies- one for the guest and one for themselves. Also, we had a nice magnet put together for us with a picture of Lillian. And even flowers with candy! It was complete with a photo op! What a great job all the volunteers did at St. Francis and I thank them for making it such a special day! All their hard work paid off for sure!

We ate our lunch, took our picture and then Lillian walked around like a movie star. She thought it was the coolest day ever and was thrilled I was there for her. I will admit when I walked into the school this afternoon, I teared up a little. I told myself I wouldn't cry, but I am so emotional! I thought that Lillian would feel weird having her mom there when everyone else would have their dad considering it was the Daddy/Daughter Luncheon. But, you know what, she didn't notice anything weird at all! She was just glad I was there and enjoyed seeing all her friends. She is such a happy little girl and she was all smiles today! I know she missed her daddy today, but I think she just somehow understood in her little five year old mind that daddy couldn't be here today. She is wise beyond her years at times!

So, now both girls are sleeping and I am thinking of today. I got to have special one on one time with both my girls. How lucky am I? Happy Valentine's Day!

Love,

Julie

3 comments:

  1. WOW what a wonderful Valentine's luncheon! Your girls are so adorable in all that pink:) Julie you do a remarkable job with those girls of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll second that!! What a beautiful day for you and the girls! I'm so happy that you were there for them and you got to enjoy it. I miss them and you so much! I love you so much...thank you for being my valentine and such a wonderful mother!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are the best! Thanks for cheering me on and keeping me going for these last few months. And thank you for being my valentine too honey and we miss you bunches! Love you both!!!

    ReplyDelete