Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Lydia's First Gymnastics Class!








Today was Lillian's turn to finally have her own activity! We started mommy and me gymnastics this morning and it was fun! It so reminded me of being with Lillian when she was that age and now look where she is? Kindergarten and a gymnastics drop out! hee hee What can I say? Lillian just loves to dance!

Lydia started crying as soon as we walked in the door. I think she thought I was going to leave her! I kept telling her I was staying with her and she finally got the idea. She loved all the obstacles, loved bouncing on the trampoline and loved the balance beam. I was so proud of her and she even walked some beams all by herself! Okay, I don't see her on the Olympic Team just yet, but you never know what is in store for your little one! ha ha


It was just a fun time and I enjoyed having some one on one time with her. She smiled and made some new friends her age instead of hanging out with big sister's older friends. She loved getting her hand stamped too when class ended and was so proud to show her little hand with her stamp.
We got in the car and I asked her she had had fun. And she said, "Thank you!" Now, that melted my heart! Doesn't she deserve a pink pony? She knows how to win me over and make my heart melt into pieces.

Then, at lunchtime, I asked her what she liked the most about gymnastics. Lydia said,"Babies." I said, "You liked making new friends?" And she said, "Yeah!" Isn't that just sweet? Now, keep in mind she is the youngest in the class, but to her they are her baby friends and she can't wait to go next week.


Of course, she passed out for nap time. She didn't take 30 seconds to go to sleep today. She will be ready to tell her sister all about it when we pick Lillian up from school. She wants to show Lillian her stamps. Boy, she misses sharing the day with Lillian. Me too! But, what a treasure to do something just the two of us!


Love,


Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment