Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Lydia's First Surgery!



Lydia had her first surgery today and it was a whopper! Lydia had her tonsils and adenoids removed and tubes placed in her ears. She was so brave this morning and I was so proud of her. She got to wear her favorite pajamas to the hospital and bring along Barney. It was mommy who was scared!

The nursing staff is excellent at Munson Army Hospital. They were all so friendly to Lydia and gentle. Lydia loved her fancy hat and Barney got one too. She also chose the grape mask for her surgery just like Lillian did with her surgery last December. The hospital staff even remembered Lillian and asked how well she was doing. I was impressed!

Lydia was wheeled off to surgery feeling very light headed. The nurse put the side rail up on the bed and Lydia slipped right through and thought she found a new game. They even let her watch Barney and by the end of the medicine, Lydia was seeing two Barneys! She had the whole staff laughing! She would sit up and just laugh and stick out her tongue for no reason. I was rolling!

I had to say good bye and wait one long hour for her to return! She was screaming and it broke my heart! It was the hardest part seeing her so upset. It made my cry. They said she wouldn't calm down and was screaming for me. Once I started rocking her, then she relaxed. She just needed mommy which I love. She is was still a little agitated and just wanted to come home. She was really disoriented and I don't think she liked it at all.

The surgery went well. Her adenoids were so infected, the doctor had to give her a shot of 24 hour antibitoics. He was surprised by the infection being so severe. She also had a lot of fluid in her left ear. Her tonsils were overly large too. So, I am glad we did this surgery to help Lydia feel better. She will sleep better, her allerigies will get better and she will just be back to normal Lydia soon. That is what I wanted for her! Just my little Lydia feeling a 100 percent. My little baby!

She is resting now in her own bed. She just needed her blanket and pillow. I hope she sleeps well and wakes up my little Lydia. So brave! I am proud of her! Love you Lydia!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment