Sunday, April 25, 2010

RICH IS HOME!!!











I don't know what else to say besides IT IS OVER! Finally, our day arrived! The morning started off bright and early this Texas morning. I was awake officially at 3:15am, but all throughout the night. I just kept checking the redeployment website to make sure Rich was truly coming home this time. We had waited for so long and as most of you know, we waited an extra 10 days due to volcanic activity and then a sandstorm. Everyday I just kept checking to see if he was still coming on that day and then another delay and another one and another one. It started to feel like torture, but there was no one to blame except Mother Nature...really, a VOLCANO???


But, this day was our day! I woke the girls up at 4:30am and we left at 5:00am to head to Fort Hood, Texas. I went into Lillian's room and woke her up first. I said, "Lillian, are you awake?" She said, "No!" I said, "Well, don't scream, but it is time to go get daddy!" She was so excited she jumped right out of bed telling me everything she was going to tell daddy when she saw him. Let's just say Lydia didn't really have the same reaction. She was OUT and was crying so hard when I woke her up. But, we made it through the diaper change and out the door on time!

The morning was chilly and a little windy, but it will be another gorgeous afternoon. We arrived and LTC Haws called me to tell me the plane had indeed landed! YES!!! The ceremony was due to start at 6:15am and it was on time by 10 minutes. The girls were tired and chilly, but somehow we made it through the wait time! It seemed soooo long and the girls were just sitting there looking worn out. The place was busy and kids were everywhere dancing, running around, sleeping and crying. Everyone was on pins and needles!

Then, the buses started to arrive and everyone was cheering and clapping! Lillian just knew her daddy was on bus 3 out of 7, but he turned out to be on bus number....7! They marched in all looking handsome! And we couldn't find Rich to begin with, but it didn't take long. LTC Haws said, "Charge!" and we all went running to our soldier. Rich found us and the hugging and kissing began! The girls were thrilled...okay, Lydia was crying, but she is used to him now. Plus, she is napping! The morning exhausted her and she couldn't make it to 9:00AM!

We spent some time on the parade field and then Rich said, "Let's go home!" We all agreed! We are home now and it feels like he never left! Lydia is napping, Lillian and Rich are playing Wii and now I am going to join them. Lillian hasn't stopped talking or showing Daddy her tricks. She sat down and read a card and Rich said, "Has she read that before?" I told him no and reminded him his little girl can read now. Daddy was impressed! And of course, he thinks Lydia is a chunky monkey and loves her tricks too!

As for me, I am just thrilled to be a family again. I am thinking of all the men and women still to come home and can't wait for their happy reunion too! Now, I am off to enjoy MY FAMILY! Love you all!

Love,

Julie

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you guys! Welcome home Rich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you! It just makes my waiting so much more real. I know my day is coming, but this extra waiting is torture! So glad you finally got your happy reuinion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope yours is soon Carla!! All I can say is it is well worth the wait! He will be home soon!

    Thanks Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay...I just teared up seeing those pics!!! What an awesome morning :) So happy for you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete