Saturday, April 10, 2010

Temple Bloomin Festival





Today we went to the Temple Bloomin' Festival with Jessica and the kiddos. It was a gorgeous day and I know I always say that, but it was! Man, will we miss Texas! But, we went to the carnival to begin the morning. Lydia was finally big enough for her 18 month old self to ride all the little rides. It was awesome and she enjoyed the morning so much with Lillian. They rode the elephant ride, ladybug ride, Ferris wheel twice, merry go round twice, and Lillian still rode some big girl rides too. It was a ton of fun to watch them together smiling and having fun. I think Lydia enjoyed it as much as Lillian!


We also played carnival games and I can honestly say I have never won anything before today. And what did I win? I had to throw this small ball into a small fishbowl to win the prize. And I did! I won a goldfish! YEP! Just what I wanted! :) I looked at Jessica and said, "What just happened?" Isn't that bad? We have a goldfish named Sparkles and now a playmate named Goldie. I don't mind and it is a good thing I don't have to clean out another tank. They can live together! But, Lillian couldn't believe it! I also won a stuffed animal for Lydia too! So, both girls were happy!

Then, we went to the Kids Zone. The girls each rode a pony and the Train Barrel ride. They also had a petting zoo, but we didn't have anytime left in the morning. It was time for a carnival lunch and then home for nap time for Lydia. Lydia barely made it home before passing out in my arms on the way to her room. Poor little thing tries so hard to be the big girl! Her little legs have to work twice as hard to keep up!

What a great morning with our friends and the girls! I just smile every time there is a carnival. Yes, they are expensive. Yes, they are a lot of work. But, man, the smiles make it all worth it in the end to me!

Love,

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment