Sunday, August 8, 2010

Back To School Block Party







Woe is me, all summer long I was happy and free.

Save my soul, the board of education took away my parole.
I gotta go back, back, back to school again.
You won't find me 'til the clock strikes three;
I'm gonna be there 'til then...
I gotta go back, back, back to school again.
Whoa, whoa, I gotta go... back to school again!

Yes, it is BACK TO SCHOOL time for Fort Leavenworth, KS and all the kiddos start on Tuesday! So, today in honor of this historic event, we had a Back to School Block Party. Okay, so most don't consider it an historic event, but I do. My first born is off to Kindergarten. I won't whine about that now because we had such a great time today with all of our new friends on the block. But, I will save that for another blog! :)

I must say it was a success! We had about 45 people attend! WOW! The party was also for the guys on the street too because they are also going back to school for CGSC. Rich will be doubling up while we are here and getting his Master's Degree too. So, everyone is back to school. And as for me...well, I am co-leader of Lillian's Daisy Scout Troop now! She is thrilled and told me, "Now, I get to go to work with you mommy!" Silly girl!

We enjoyed the afternoon even though it was unbelievably hot! But, the slip-n-slide, water ball, water balloons, water guns and little baby pool helped keep the kiddos all cool. But, not clean! Who would have thought that a slip-n-slide could be so darn messy! So, a big apology to our neighbor because we share our front lawns and a part of his grass is destroyed too! What our neighbors for? But, good food, good friends and GREAT times here! Happy Summer and Back to School!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment