Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Circus Comes to Town!



The circus arrived in Leavenworth, KS yesterday and today we had the opportunity to take the kiddos. It was Lydia's first experience at the circus and all I can say was...IT WAS A HOT ONE! The circus was family owned and held outside under the big top. The pavement was hot, the sun was hot and the tent was hot.


The girls loved riding the ponies when we arrived at the circus. Lydia was adorable and didn't want me hanging onto her when she was on her pony. She wants to be like her big sister, but doesn't understand she is FOUR years younger than Lillian! But, I tried to let go and let her ride on her own while I walked beside the pony. But, seriously, she is only 22 months old. Does she have to grow up so fast just to be like her big sister?

We sat on the front row of the wooden stadium seating which I might add really hurt my rear end! hee hee But, the show was okay and they had a few good acts. It is unbelievable to think it is a family run circus and the same guy who sold me an icy also started the show with a juggling act, made announcements midway during the show, was a clown and was shot out of the canon for the finale. And he was only 15 years old! There was also a 11 year old contortionist! Odd to me to think they grow up in this environment and travel the country performing shows. The tent also has several holes in the roof top and it was just a little sad to me.

Now, don't get me wrong. The girls didn't notice a thing and enjoyed themselves. Although Lydia DID NOT like the clowns at all! Both times she saw the clown she snuggled in my arms and cried! Poor baby! The girls only remember the amazing acts, pony rides, petting zoo, balloons and snow cones! Nothing but smiles and sweaty faces for them. That is how it should be at times... seen only through the eyes of a child when the world is so innocent!

Love you all!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment