Tuesday, August 10, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten!




We officially are the parents of a little girl in Kindergarten! Lillian was ready for school today and I was so excited for her. Plus, I was proud of her! She looked adorable in her little Back To School outfit and she was ready to model! :) Of course, most of you know, but Lillian has P.E. today at school. Yes, the first day of school! Apparently, the Board of Education didn't run that little notion by me when I bought her outfit. Nike tennis shoes don't really go well with a floral skirt, but what do you do? She has to wear tennis shoes for PE and that is what we wore today. One minor set back for mom, but Lillian never missed a beat! She looked amazing!


Rich was able to leave work for a little while to walk with all of us to school. We are so lucky to practically have the school in our back yard and it literally took me less than three minutes to get Lillian to school. I can see her playing on the playground when they have recess! But, of course, right before it was time for us to leave Miss Lydia had to poop! I think she was just trying to delay Lillian going to school! :) One diaper later and we left for school!

Lillian walked right into her classroom like such a big girl! I was so proud of her! She knew exactly what to do and listened to Mrs. Keeley. She sat in the circle with the rest of the kiddos and waited for everyone else to arrive. Lydia was into everything including markers, glue and chairs. She finally sat down with Lillian in the circle. I told Lillian it was time for us to leave and she only asked once for me to stay a little longer. But, I told her I had to go because Lydia was getting into everything! She said okay, but guess who cried? LYDIA! She didn't want to say good bye to Lillian and kept saying, "Sissy!" Lillian was so great and gave her a hug and told her she would be home soon. It was too sweet!

Lydia put her head on her sister's lap this morning and just laid there. Lillian told her, "Don't worry Lydia. Once you get up from your nap, then just get dressed. Then, I will be waiting by the playground for you!" She is an amazing sister and was thinking of her little sister's feelings on her big day. That is how I knew she was all grown up and ready for Kindergarten.

Lydia also always says good night to Lillian before nap and bedtime. It is something she has always done and expects Lillian to hug her too. So, nap time came today and Lydia was in tears. She kept asking for Sissy! I kept telling her she would be home soon, but she just kept saying her name. I asked her if she wanted to kiss sissy and she said yes. I explained we could go to the window and blow one to Lillian and she would catch it. But, she was too upset to listen. I just had to put her down to rest. Lydia is taking this harder than anyone! :)

Bradley Elementary is lucky to have Lillian and I just hope she has a fantastic day!!! I know she will RULE THE SCHOOL!!!!! Good luck Lillian and I can't wait for you to come home so I can hear all about your first day of Kindergarten! Mommy loves you!!!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment