Monday, August 9, 2010

Meet The Teacher...




Meet Lillian's Kindergarten Teacher- Mrs. Keeley! Today we got to visit and tour Lillian's classroom and school. I must say that is one amazing school! It has three levels to include a pond with fish, science lab, art room, music room, and a PLANETARIUM! It is amazing inside the planetarium and I know Lillian will love learning about Science in that room- who wouldn't! And all the rooms have Smart boards- so high tech. And you know the first thing Lillian noticed in her classroom...the computers! She told Mrs. Keeley that would be the first thing she did in the morning. Mrs. Keeley said, "Well, maybe not the first!" Already telling the teacher what she wants to do! :)


We also visited the cafeteria, gymnasium, office and library. Of course, we made it to Lillian's room too. Mrs. Keeley was really nice and greeted Lillian right away. She seemed very prepared and organized. You all know I like that quality in a person! :) We even started the meeting off with a scavenger hunt around the classroom. The paper told us what we needed to do and see before leaving the school today. Lillian and I enjoyed the time together to explore and make it as fun as it should be for her. She was thrilled to see her own desk, cubicle and locker. Her name was everywhere and what 5 1/2 year old little girl doesn't love that!?

We sat at Lillian's desk for a little while and started reading a First Day of School Poem. But, I couldn't make it through the first two lines without tearing up. So, I told Lillian we would read it at home. Isn't that bad? Here is the first part-

I used to be little, but not anymore.
Tomorrow I'll get up and walk out the door.
I'm going to school- it's the first time for me.
It's great to be big, but I'm scared as can be.

I think it was put there to make me cry, but I held off as much as possible. It ends really cute, but I didn't read the ending until we made it home. I know I have to say good bye in the morning, but I really just want to keep her a little longer at home. She is my little girls all grown up now. I know she has to take everything I have taught her so far and fly in this world. She will be amazing and she will soar high above this world! I know she will continue to grow and learn and I know her opportunities are endless.

Good bye to my little girl tomorrow and hello to little girl in Kindergarten!

Love you Lillian! You are and will always be My Sunshine! Mommy is so proud of you now and for all that you will become to be. Enjoy school, enjoy learning, absorb it all and more and apply it to all in your life! You will be amazing! I love you!

Love,

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment