Monday, October 11, 2010

Investiture Ceremony




Lillian had her Investiture Ceremony tonight at Frontier Chapel. I have been planning this ceremony for weeks now and I hope everyone enjoyed the evening. I am Lillian's Girl Scout Co-Leader and I really tried to make this a special evening for Lillian and ALL the girls in her Troop. She is in Troop 5400.


This ceremony marks their dedication to the Girl Scout Promise and Girl Scout Law. It marks the time when they are "invested" into living the Girl Scout way. Lillian has 13 girls in her troop and each had to recite the Girl Scout Promise and Girl Scout Law.

The Girl Scout Promise

On my honor, I will try:
To serve God* and my country,
To help people at all times,
And to live by the Girl Scout Law.

The Girl Scout Law

I will do my best to be
honest and fair,
friendly and helpful,
considerate and caring,
courageous and strong, and
responsible for what I say and do,
and to
respect myself and others,
respect authority,
use resources wisely,
make the world a better place, and
be a sister to every Girl Scout.


We opened with our opening song:

I’M A LITTLE DAISY (I'M A LITTLE TEAPOT)

I’m a little Daisy, dressed in blue

I am a Girl Scout, you are too

When I go to meetings, I sing and shout

I love being a Daisy Girl Scout!

Then, the girls participated in the ceremony and each girl represented a flower. That flower in turn represented a part of the Girl Scout Law. Lillian was the white zinnia and white rose which represents "respect myself and others." The girls placed their flowers in a basket which one of the older Daisy Girls held for me.

Lillian and all new girls were then pinned with their Daisy Pin and also received their center of their petals and two other petals they earned for their mini garden project. We sang our closing song:

YOU EVER SEE A DAISY (HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A LASSIE)

Did you ever see a Daisy, a Daisy, a Daisy?

Did you ever see a Daisy, a Daisy Girl Scout?

Go this way and that way, and this way and that way.

Did you ever see a Daisy, a Daisy Girl Scout?

LET’S GO!!!!

and did our friendship squeeze. Then, off to eat our yummy potluck dinner! And man can these moms cook a fantastic dinner!

It was a fantastic night filled with 53 wonderful brothers, sisters, moms, dads, aunts, grandparents and friends. The girls all loved seeing their hard work- they decorated the butterflies that flew overhead and colored their flower that decorated the gift table. Each girl also received a framed beginning certificate. All in all, I couldn't have asked for a better night! All the girls did awesome and made me proud! And we just started this journey together.

Lillian is learning a lot in Girl Scouts and I hope it continues to impress upon her the positive values of life and not always thinking about yourself. Although, after a birthday weekend of nothing but me, this is going to be hard to go back to being "normal" tomorrow! We just have to try!

Love you all and enjoy the show!

Love,

Julie

1 comment:

  1. WOW Julie you did such an awesome job on getting that whole ceremony together and looking nothing but fabulous, but I wouldn't expect anything less from you girl:)

    ReplyDelete