Friday, October 8, 2010

Lillian Turns Six Years Old!!





Turning 6 is a big event
Filled with fun and merriment


Is there anything better than turning 6 years old? Lillian doesn't think so! Lillian thinks 6 is GREAT!!! She woke up this morning singing Happy Birthday to herself. I could hear her in the monitor and she said, "Mom, I awake. It is my birthday!!!" Like I didn't know! :) I went in her room this morning and she was jumping out of the bed like she had ants in her pants. She was so excited to start her big day!

We all got ready and we gave Lillian her present this morning. All she wanted was a DS! Can you believe it? She has been begging for one and every time she would see one, than she would remind me again of that is all she wanted. So, you could imagine her face when she opened her present. She screamed, "I got my DS! I got my DS!" She even told me thanks for reminding daddy because she knew he would forget her birthday. She is rotten! :)

We walked to school and she high fived Mr. Ernest (her principal) on the crosswalk and immediately told him all about her birthday. She was thrilled when they announced all birthdays over the intercom and her name was called. She got to go the office and get a book and pencil. It was like gold to her! It is wonderful having her at this age because it is all so exciting and wonderful in her world. She just wants to sharpen her pencil!

I also got to go to her classroom and bring cupcakes. The class sang Happy Birthday to her and gave her six big claps. The whole room was quiet as they ate all those cupcakes. Zoe did another amazing job and all the children said thank you. So sweet!!

Now, we have a dinner party to get ready for...the party before the party tomorrow. We are just have two families over for a pizza dinner. Then, we party again tomorrow at Scrivners. She has 17 little girls coming to celebrate her big day and I know it will get loud, wild and crazy! Just how it should be!

Lillian asked me this morning if she was having a pinata and I told her I didn't get one this year. She was so disappointed and so I went out to get her one! After so many years living in TX, then she just expects to have one! I have done one for 6 years now! I blame this on Nina and her family! :)


So, happy birthday Lillian! May all your wishes come true and may every day be just as exciting today. Keep looking at the world with wide eyes and keep seeing all the small things in life! You will appreciate life so much more than you know. You are one amazing 6 year old and I am lucky to have your sassiness in my life! You keep me on my toes, you keep me jumping and you keep me smiling! Happy Birthday my Angel!!! Mommy loves you and thinks you are MAGNIFICENT!!!!!

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment