Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!












Happy Early Mother's Day! My weekend has started out so special with a Mother's Day Tea Party at Lillian's preschool. It was ADORABLE!!! We arrived and were seated in our special seat. Lillian told me she couldn't sit down that the chairs were only for the mommies. So, then the festivities began!

We had to first find our picture on the wall. The kiddos had to draw pictures of what they thought their mommy looked like. Lillian did a great job even with the flippy hair! :) I could easily pick mine out and quickly got it right! Lillian was impressed!

The children were using their Party Manners that they have been working on all week. So, they gave us a cup of punch and a cookie. Then, they got one for themselves. The punch was delicious and the cookies too! Lillian was just beaming that we were together and kept hugging and kissing me. It was too sweet and I must admit I got a little teary eyed. We don't get much one on one time together and it was so nice to be with her today on such a special day!

Then, the party began! They cranked up their singing voices and the concert began! They sang six or seven songs and each one was adorable. Some were too sweet, some were too funny and some were too loud! But, each was sung from their little heart and they worked on them all year long. It was very touching and especially watching them smile and dance. They enjoyed it all!

We got out presents and I was so impressed with the craftsmanship. Lillian put a lot of hard work into her tile and it showed. I will treasure it for a lifetime!

I will always think back on today and remember her beaming smile! She is so pretty to me in so many ways. Her heart is so full of love and she is contagious! She is my little girl, my toothless girl, my angel and first born. You can never know true love until you have a child and they steal your heart forever. She makes me so happy and I can only say again- I will never forget her beaming smile today! What a great way to start the Mother's Day weekend!

Happy Mother's Day to everyone! Love you all!

Love ,

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment