Saturday, May 8, 2010

My 9th Anniversary












It turns out to be another busy weekend for the Martin clan! This week is my 9th anniversary with Rich and so we have had anniversary plans for a while he didn't know anything about on top of it being Mother's Day. But, it has been an awesome weekend!


I won't bother you with all the mushy details, but I will tell you about today. I surprised Rich with a zip line tour in the Hill Country area of Spicewood, Texas. It is right outside of Austin, Texas. He knew nothing of our plans for today and I even picked out the clothes and shoes to wear in order to not spoil the secret! He didn't know what we were doing until we pulled into the place! He was so surprised and excited. He jumped out of the car and said it was awesome!

We met Nina, Ronnie and the girls at the park this morning in Georgetown, Texas. We played all morning at the park and had a picnic lunch. It was cloudy and overcast today, but perfect weather for the zip line tour. Then, we went back to Nina's house to get Lydia down for her nap. And then we ZIPPED right out of there for our 2:00pm tour. It was about an hour from Nina's house.

The place was called Cypress Valley and it was so peaceful, calm and serene. Just what we needed! It just seemed to relax me from the beginning. We had a brief lesson and then we started the tour. I went first and it was a blast! I mean so much fun and breathtaking! Rich and I definitely want to go back for the Challenge Course now!

But, the zip lines were awesome and the bridges were fun to walk over. The instructor loved to tease me and would swing the rope up and down, side to side and make the ropes wider apart so I would have a hard time holding on. But, it made it so much fun!


The instructors also showed us the nature part of the tour and showed us some plants that were edible, how to detect poison ivy and some other interesting tidbits. This place was fun and I would recommend it!

Thanks to Nina and Ronnie for being the best friends anyone could ask for! We could not have enjoyed this day without them taking such great care of my girls. The girls had just as much fun as we did and that means a lot to me. They are truly amazing people and we love them dearly

And to Rich, Happy 9th Anniversary honey! You have made my life an adventure and I hope it doesn't stop. I have enjoyed all the memories, all the laughs and all the tears. I will hold onto all the struggles and challenges and know we overcame them in the past and will in the future. My rock, my friend, my hero, my husband and my life! I love you very much!

Enjoy the show!


Love you all!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment