Friday, May 21, 2010

Lillian Graduates from Preschool!

















Today we woke up and Lillian graduated this morning! She was so excited and started her day bright and early! We started the morning off with star graduation pancakes with a side of toast. She loved those pancakes and ate three of them. She has a big appetite these days!


Then, she had to open her graduation present. She couldn't wait and all she had been asking for was another Webkinz. So, of course, we got her one! Her name is Shaggy and apparently Shaggy has a love of shopping! Who knew a cat could love shopping?

We attended her graduation ceremony at school. Her class sanG three songs and she did such a good job with all of them. She even knew the Kindergarten songs too! She enjoys music so much and can really memorize a lot of songs. She was so happy to be on stage with all of her friends. Jessica came with us today and Lillian enjoyed having her special friend with her.

We all enjoyed a cookie reception and ate too many cookies! Boy, some of those moms can really cook! I had one cookie and I thought I was in heaven. :) They put me too shame for sure! We all came home and Lydia took a nap. Then, I took the big girl out to lunch at Chili's. Lillian loves that place! We had a nice lunch and then the wait staff came out singing, "Happy Graduation" to Lillian and she just looked amazed! She loved it and I think it actually caught her WAY off guard for once!

And yes there was more to the day...after naptime, then we went to Wendy's house for a Graduation party! We decorated the place with graduation napkins, plates, cups, balloons and more. We stayed outside the whole afternoon playing in the pools and jumping on the trampolines. We had a wonderful meal and Lydia ate for three hours straight and consumed enough of Eric's mac-n-cheese for all of Fort Hood! She loves Eric's mac-n-cheese and he does make a mean one! :)

It was an awesome day filled with awesome friends! It wouldn't have been the same without all of our friends and Lillian's friends. Lillian adores her friends and we are so thankful to have so many wonderful kiddos in her life and our life too. Thanks again Wendy and Kevin for opening your home up for the party. It was great! And thanks to Lisa, Doug, Jessica and Eric for joining in on the fun too! Lillian told me it was an awesome party and an awesome day! That makes me happy!

I can't believe Lillian starts Kindergarten next year! Where did the time go? I don't know if I am ready to let her leave for so long. She will be attending Bradley Elementary next year in Kansas. She will start school on August 10th and it seems just around the corner...and it is 8:10am to 3:30pm. Wow, that is such a long day! I know she will be okay, but I will miss having her home. At least this year we still had her home two days a week! I know she has to grow up, but I only wish I could keep her forever! My little angel! I am very proud of her for always giving a 110 percent to school and to her friends. She is very special!

Lillian has enjoyed St. Francis these past two years. She has learned a lot and I know she will continue to grow. I am so thankful to have had two wonderful teachers for her- Mrs. Lee and Mrs. Sweeden. They really nurtured her and helped her adjust to life in school. It wasn't an easy adjustment for Lillian and I am thankful she had great teachers to help her. I will always remember St. Francis!

And now, the girls are in bed and we start the day with Lillian's dance recital! WHEW!! Just another crazy day for the Martin Clan! Love you all!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment