Thursday, October 8, 2009

Chili's Birthday Dinner!!!


It was an exciting way to end Lillian's big birthday!! We went to dinner at Chili's with her good friends Bella, Marissa and Ayden. It was so much fun and I must admit the girls had gone wild! I think Ayden was in shock with seeing the girls act so silly at the dinner table. Lillian was just so happy to be with her friends and had waited all day for her special dinner. She picked to go to Chili's tonight for dinner. The girls were running around and Nikki, Bella and Marissa's mom, tried to distract the Three Amigos with stories and games, but nothing was as exciting as walking around the place with Lydia. Lydia set a bad example of staying in her seat! :)

Dinner was yummy and I asked the waitress to sing to Lillian and give her the Chocolate Molten Cake for dessert. I must say, I have never seen Lillian so speechless and surprised as when the waitresses and waiters started singing Happy Birthday to her. She look shocked! It was adorable! After they left the table, she kept asking how they knew it was her birthday. She honestly never put it together that I told them! :) So innocent and sweet! She shared her dessert with all her friends and never once complained. Then, out of the blue, she said, "Thank you for coming to my birthday dinner!" Melt my heart!!


On the way home, she kept asking me how they knew it was her birthday. She said that was the best part about her birthday today- Chili's dinner and the happy birthday song! Then, she rolled down her window and shouted to all the cars as we were going down the street, "Today is my birthdaaaaayyyyyy! If you want to sing happy birthday, then come to my house!" What a nut!


We made it home and now both girls are in dreamland and exhausted from their day of fun. And to think the party is Saturday? Lillian watched Hannah Montana on television while I put Lydia to bed tonight and she shouted to the television tonight, "See you next Thursday Hannah!"
Happy Birthday Sweetheart!!! Isn't 5 the best?? Mommy loves you and sweet dreams my love!!

Love,

Mommy


Ps
- I never cried this morning and I almost made it the whole day. Then, Lillian stole my heart and reminded me..."Mom, we were in the hospital 5 years ago today!" I know it is her birthday, but those feelings of being a mom came over me all over again. The best feelings and I remembered holding her..... speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment