Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sparta Fall Festival!!






Wow, just when I think I have it all under control...God decides to throw me a Fall Festival to realize I am at his mercy! It was a beautiful day in Texas and the perfect weather for a Fall Festival. We went to Lillian's friend, Allyson, school at Sparta Elementary. Lillian wanted to be a bride this year and so I made Lydia her flower girl. We also have another costume to debut later in the week. Both girls look so adorable and got lots of compliments. Lillian loved the other kiddos costumes and kept shouting, "Look Mom, Hannah Montana!!!"


They had a great Fall Festival complete with bounce houses, carnival games inside and outside, musical chairs, cake walk, decorating crafts and yummy food. Let's just say the Martin Girls left their mark on Sparta Elementary and we can never go there again! :)

Lillian loved all the games and played everything more than once. Lillian isn't a big candy person unless it is M&Ms, so she won all the candy and guess who ate all the candy? Yes, Little Miss Flower Girl Lydia. I couldn't keep her from grabbing candy, lollipops and cookies! Lillian, the Bride, would play her game while Lydia was sneaking under all the tables for the candy. She could sniff it out! Plus, Lydia wouldn't even play the games. She didn't need too since everyone just kept giving her candy because of her turkey thighs! If she wasn't eating the candy, then she was grabbing all the balls to the games and not letting anyone play! :)

Lydia was all over the place and trying to keep up with two was almost impossible! And you should have seen us waiting in line for food...even some middle school girl helped me rope in Lydia... climbing up hills, falling down, eating food off the dirty ground, etc. You name it...it happened today! And I just have to thank Jessica for making me laugh at myself and remind me I am doing the best I can! :)

It was a fun afternoon and if you can tell in my words...I am sitting here laughing at myself! Happy Halloween and we are off to a great week!!!

Love you all!

Julie

2 comments:

  1. Girl, that sounds like me. One goes one direction and the other the opposite! It can be tough and I assure you that you aren't the only one dealing with these types of situations. I agree with Jess! You just have to sit back and laugh at yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think, Lydia was boosting her immune system ;) Sounds like the girls had a blast, just remember you're making memories!

    ReplyDelete