Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Open House!!!



Tonight was Open House at St. Francis. Lillian was so excited for me to meet her school friends and show off her school work. It is so nice seeing Lillian so excited for school and I only hope she continues that excitement through her school years. I know it won't always be so pleasant and happy because it will get harder each year she is in school, but I hope she fosters the friends and friendships she will have because of school and appreciate the "light at the end of the tunnel."

They also had a book fair tonight. Lillian picked out her book and then we picked out two books for her classroom. The teacher picks out a "Wish List" of books she would like for her classroom and the parents may purchase those books for the classroom. So, Lillian picked out two books for Mrs. Sweeden and then went and gave them to her. Mrs. Sweeden was thrilled with Lillian's books! It made Lillian smile ear to ear!


Lillian had a couple of friends already there when we arrived this evening. And one little boy was particularly waiting on Lillian...Chase. His mom came right up to me and said this must be Lillian. Chase calls her "Wiwwian!" I said yes and she said that Chase talks about Lillian all the time. He came home from school the other day and said, "Mom, Wiwwian had a flower in her hair today." She said, "Really?" He said, "Yes and she looked HOT!!!" I laughed so hard and I think that is the first time my little darling has been called hot and it was so innocent too. She is a beautiful little girl and stole my heart a long time ago!


Thanks Chase for a great memory tonight! Now, let's see what her Daddy thinks?

Love you all!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment