Monday, August 31, 2009

Lydia Lydia Lydia!


Lydia is growing away and doing well. She surprised me yesterday morning....I saw her makeup in her crib on the monitor. I thought I would just do one more thing before I got her in the morning. Isn't that how it always is? One more thing? I never looked at the monitor again and just walked her in her room. I found her sitting up in her crib! She had never sat up from a laying position before all her herself. I was so proud of her and clapped for her. Of course, she just smiled.

I always fill up her humidifier with water in the morning before I get her out of her crib. Once out of her crib, then she starts taking me for walks around the house. So, I have to delay until I am caught up! :) I walked in the kitchen and started filling up the container and looked over to the monitor. I saw Miss Lydia standing up in her crib! So, I rushed back in and she was just laughing! What a goof ball!

So, Greg (Nina's hubby) came to the rescue! Before he arrived, I decided to vacuum behind the crib. I plugged in the vacuum cleaner and popped a fuse. So, complete darkness in Lydia's room. Then, Lydia decided to give me another surprise...this time in her diaper! :) Greg came to the door and I was so in need of help! He fixed the fuse for me and started lowering her mattress in her crib. I changed the diaper...Greg would have nothing to do with that! :) So, we got all that taken care of and I feel better knowing Lydia won't get her in her crib. Thanks Greg!

Greg then helped me change Lydia's car seat around to face forward. I had to take advantage while he was here! He converted it for me and I even cleaned out from underneath the seat...there was a lot of "treasures" found hidden beneath the car seat! And Lydia loves it!! She rode in it for the first time this morning and couldn't stop smiling! She kept wanting me to play with her hands and feet...not so safe while trying to drive! :) I love seeing her smile! It warms my heart!

I will tell you more about the morning in another blog....I needed her smile this morning!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment