Saturday, August 1, 2009

YO YO!!!







Well, I am officially one of those moms....

I always said my second child wouldn't do this and that to keep up with the oldest. For example, the second child always seems to hit the junk food stage earlier than the first child. I was always so good with Lillian and monitored everything she ate and drank. Then, I became a mom of two! Wow, what a change! My whole attitude is different and you go into "survival" mode!

So, leading up to my story, yes Lydia had her first ice cream today! Technically, the other day at the water park, she stuck her hands in Lillian's ice cream and that was the first. But, I didn't think it counted since it was accidental. :) We had dinner today with a great friend and her two children, Lillian and Jack. Yes, it is a disciplining nightmare having two Lillian's in the same room..."Lillian, no. Not you Lillian the other Lillian. Oh, someone just answer!" :) hee hee It was a great dinner and then we headed to Yo Yo's for ice cream. We have never gone before, but we will be back again!

You get to pick out your flavor of frozen yogurt and then add all your toppings- strawberries, mango, kiwi, cheesecake chunks, snickers, sprinkles, chocolate chips, m&ms, etc. The bar goes on and on! Then, you pay by weight. As usual, Lillian had her chocolate waffle cone with chocolate and vanilla swirl with m&ms and sprinkles. Then, I had my massive ice cream that I shared with Lydia. It was like Lydia knew it was going to be good because she was screaming until she got a bite and then we never heard another word. She had two spoons in her hands and then turned the whole bowl up on her face. She was a hot mess! She loved every bite and wanted more!! I am in trouble now... we all know where my kiddos get their love of ice cream. DADDY!!

Today was a great day to be with friends and to share a first moment with someone. And for the first time today, Rich saw Lillian and Lydia in three months. We finally got Skype working and we were all able to see one another. Lillian showed daddy her scratch on her arm, asked him to fix something when he got home, told him his pen ran out of ink and danced to two songs from Vacation Bible School. He just laughed and laughed! And Lydia even showed Daddy she could walk all by herself and Rich was proud of the girls! It was a great way to start August! Lillian asked Rich if she could see him tomorrow too! Melt my heart and his!

Isn't this why summer is so fun? Friends, family and ice cream!!

Love you all!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment