Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Artwork











Today we went to Ooey Gooey at the Cultural Arts Center. I thought it would be a good time for both girls since it involved coloring and painting. Lydia had never painted before and I was interested to see how this would go this afternoon. Lillian had a great time and didn't want to leave. We don't paint much anymore since I can never get Lydia to sit...that is one word she doesn't like! :) So, Lillian enjoyed herself and painted the whole time and didn't leave her seat except to wash her hands. She was a big girl today and just had fun! :)

Lydia created her first artwork today with blue and yellow paints. She sat in my lap for three or four seconds and then was out of there! She took me on a tour of the classroom, pulled out everything she shouldn't be touching, opened all the cabinet doors more than once and walked the hallway all while she was fussing at me for one thing or another! :) Wasn't the second child supposed to be my easier one? Isn't that what my friends and family told me?

I did meet this lady in the classroom who came with her granddaughters. This mom was smart...bring along grandma to help! :) She asked me about Lydia's age and then told me she was a "little earthquake!" Is that a compliment? Not too sure, but she does shakes things up when she is in a room with you! I love you Lydia! :)

Enjoy the artwork!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment