Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Happy Birthday!






God's Masterpiece

From graceful lilies pure and white,
God fashioned lovely skin,
Forgetmenots he chose for eyes,
Then formed your baby chin.
He took a tulip bright and red --
'Twas one that did not fade;
A softer, sweeter little mouth
Before was never made.
Another flower next He used --
A rosebud, pink and fair;
Touched it to your dimpled cheeks
And bade it blossom there.
Then with His magic fingers picked
Two morning glories white;
Curled and shaped your little ears,
Soon they were fastened tight.
That crowning bit of golden down
Will soon become your hair;
He gathered pollen from the flowers,
And sprinkled it with care.
For dainty little fingers dear
And precious, tiny toes,
He used slender daisy frills;
A snowdrop made your nose.
This world and all within it
He created here for man;
But Baby was "God's Masterpiece"
Since time and life began


Well, I can't believe it is around the corner. Lydia is turning 1 in two weeks and Lillian is turning 5 in a couple of weeks. Both give me so many emotions! Lydia is my baby and she is growing up so fast and I know everyone says that, but it is true. She brings so much joy to my life and I have enjoyed watching her everyday and being her mom. She is totally cute, has a lot of charm and a lot of attitude. She is a lot like her older sister! :) She is our last one and my heart just aches sometimes knowing she won't be a baby much longer. How is it something so small can make such an impact on your life?

And Lillian, wow she is an amazing little girl! She is full of charm and honestly, she is sweet! She is polite and always looks after her friends. She really has a side to her that I admire and I hope she never loses it! She is a leader and is stubborn, but I am starting to see now that sometimes that isn't so bad! :) She makes me smile and says the cutest things at times. She melts my heart and I can't believe she is almost 5 years old! I remember her being Lydia's age and wondering how I could ever let go of her! And now, I see her going off with her friends and being a big girl.

They are my loves and my life! I only hope I bring to them what they give me. I make so many mistakes daily and I hope they only remember all the things I do right. But, most of all, I hope they remember I much I truly love and adore them! Happy Birthday Girls!


Love Always,

Mommy

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine having two babies with milestones just weeks apart. I would be a basket case. Need some chocolate? LOL

    ReplyDelete