Sunday, September 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Lydia!



Today is the big day! Lydia officially turned 1 this morning at 6:50am! It is hard to believe that last year I was just holding her for the first time in the hospital and now we are singing Happy Birthday to her at home. She is having a Butterfly themed birthday party today and all of her friends are coming to help her celebrate her special day.

Daddy called this morning and sang Happy Birthday to her before he hit the flight line to fly. I know this breaks his heart not to be able to see her today and I can't imagine how he is feeling right now. But, she knows her daddy loves her and that is all that matters! He is the best daddy in the world!

So, today our little girl turns from a caterpillar to a little butterfly! She has beautiful wings now and I can't wait for her to show all her colors in the next toddler years. She has been a magnificent addition to our family and made our family complete. Happy Birthday Lydia and I hope you enjoy the party!
We will always love and treasure you darling!

Love Always,

Mommy


Butterfly Kisses Dedicated to Lydia from Daddy:
There's two things I know for sure:
She was sent here from heaven and she's
daddy's little girl.
As I drop to my knees by her bed at night

She talks to Jesus and I close my eyes and
I thank god for all the joy in my life
Oh, but most of all

For butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer;

sticking little white flowers all up in her hair;
"Walk beside the pony, Daddy, it's my first ride."

"I know the cake looks funny, Daddy, but I sure tried."

In all that I've done wrong I know I must
have done something right
to deserve a hug
every morning and butterfly kisses at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment