Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lillian's First Day of Preschool











Lillian was so excited to start preschool this year! It took her an hour to fall asleep last night and finally I had to go into her room and tell her she was going to have a long day today and need to get some sleep. She finally laid down and went to sleep.









She woke up bright and early and was ready to go! We all managed to get dressed, have breakfast, take pictures and leave by 8:00am. Lillian walked so proudly into her school this morning and said, "Good Morning Mrs. Sweeden!" She took her backpack off and hung it on the peg and then walked right into class. I had to follow behind her to say good bye and get my kiss! :) She has forgotten all about me already!

I was so proud of her and asked her to be a big helper today and a good friend. One of her classmates was having a hard time this morning and he was upset. I told Lillian to be a good friend and play with him and show him the ropes since she was there last year. I know she will do well this year and I am thrilled to have such a great daughter!

Lillian is growing up and it is amazing to see all the changes in her this year. She is such a sweet and bright girl and amazes me everyday. I am so lucky to be able to watch her grow up. I was just thinking to myself, I still sing "Hush Little Baby" to her every night just like when she was born. She never gets tired of it and reminds me to sing her the song at her bedtime. It has always been something special for her and she can sing it herself now. It seems like she was just a little baby and now she is in preschool.

Good luck Lillian and most of all...enjoy being in school today! I love you!
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you Lillian!! I wish I could have been there on your first day of school! I will be there next year for your first day of school, I promise!! I love you and I am very proud of you for being such a big girl! Love- Daddy.

    ReplyDelete